Volume 8 in Curt Eriksmoen's series has a new name -- "Fascinating North Dakotans: A Biography Series." But the great stories are the same, profiling the remarkable stories and impressive accomplishments of people who have lived in North Dakota.
Highlights of the 47 profiles in this book include:
- The Medora cowboy who owned a ranch with Theodore Roosevelt and became a close friend of the future President
- The athlete once considered "America's best ski jumper" who was inducted into the U.S. Skiing Hall of Fame
- The only athlete to play major league baseball with only one leg
- The pioneer in color and 3D motion pictures who also had bit parts in several Hollywood movies
- The clothing store owner whose efforts saved the lives of more than 100 Jews in Nazi Germany
Softcover. 260 pages