Volume 5 in this series of books by Curt Eriksmoen profiles more fascinating stories and impressive accomplishments of people who have lived in North Dakota.
Highlights of the 47 profiles in this book include:
- The teacher, trapper, trader, guide, riverboat pilot, mail carrier, newspaper correspondent and Union spy who was known as "the Kit Carson of the Northwest"
- The penniless Norwegian Immigrant who became a bonanza farmer and at one time the largest single landowner in North Dakota
- The entrepreneur who established the first hardware store in Bismarck and later constructed the most elegant hotel in Yellowstone Park
- The Bismarck banker who became one of America's wealthiest men
- The first Native American woman to be elected a tribal chair who was also a tenacious fighter for the rights of Indians.
Softcover. 200 pages