This is the second in a series of books by Curt Eriksmoen profiling the fascinating stories and impressive accomplishments of people who have lived in North Dakota.
Highlights of the 47 profiles in this book include:
- The brothers who started the nation's first Dude Ranch
- One of the youngest soldiers to serve in the Civil War who was also a rider for the Pony Express in Dakota Territory
- A political giant in the first half of the 20th Century who also wrote books about the area's Native Americans and early settlers
- The noted labor lawyer who wrote one of the hit songs of World War II
- The man who was responsible for saving the life of Smokey the Bear
Softcover. 170 pages